Journey Like Never Before
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey Like Never Before

Prepare for a journey like none other before.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Start of a New Life (Open to all)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Adalia
The Six Councilman
Adalia

The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Empty
PostSubject: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 11:18 pm

The day was coming closer and I knew it. Any time now the pups would be here and I'd have my paws full. I hated this feeling, this feeling of not being able to run around, feeling the wind running through my fur, but no. I'm stuck in a den in the roots of a tree, huddled up sucking up the pain. Something told me the litter wasn't going to be a small one, but the good thing was I was a shaman, and I was experienced with this. Nyla had relieved me of my duties of Councilman until I was fit enough, and the pups were able to start training. Part of me was relieved the other part wasn't, I needed to stay active, I hated this feeling of uselessness, but then again I understood why it had to be done.

Lately the pups had been kicking a lot, and the pain was beginning to get a bit intolerable. Beside me at all times I had a large bundle of herbs. They varried anywhere between ones to help with the production of milk afterwards, and even a stick. Yep, a stick was my best friend at the moment. Especially when the pups were coming, instead of clamping down and potentially cracking a tooth or grinding them together, I would use a stick to bite down on. As tempting as it was to bring numbing herbs I knew I couldn't, I needed to know where the pain was coming from, that way I could determine if the pups were coming.

At that exact moment, my stomach a convulsing pain over came me. There was no way that I would be able to hold back a yowl, so I didn't. A screech escaped my mouth, and I quickly scoured through the pile of herbs looking for a certain leaf that would help it go by smoother. Finding it I chewed it licking up the pulp and grabbed the stick in my mouth, positioning it, so when the pain came in severe waves, I could bite down and release it.
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 11:41 pm

Every day I came to see Addy, and sometimes more than once in one day. I did my best not to forsake my duties while I did so, but it was hard. Nyla hadn't said anything, and I thought she was letting it go. Addy hadn't specifically said anything about when the pups were coming, but I think we both had a feeling about it. So I couldn't say I was surprised when, as approaching the den, I heard Addy's pained yowl. Instinctvely, I picked up the pace. I didn't hesitate to enter the den. I wanted to curl around Addy and comfort her, and her pained cries were hard to listen to. But I knew I should let things take their course. I settled next to her, close to her head, saying nothing because no words were needed. My presence spoke enough. I'm here, Addy, it's okay. I'm by your side.
Back to top Go down
Adalia
The Six Councilman
Adalia

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:19 am

A huge ripple of pain surged through my stomach. My teeth, drilling into the stick, but trying to resist the urge to snap it. I had some feeling this was going to be a long painful experience. I couldn't help it, a yowl surged from my throat, the pain not ceasing any bit only getting worse. Panting, a small bundle of fur lay at my stomach. My eyes drifted down, at immediately were clouded over with love. The pup who lay at my stomach was a male, I had a son. He wasn't small but nor was he very big, he was just the right size. Picking him up I lick his fur the opposite way trying to warm him up, before moving him back to my stomach.

The moment of peace only lasted for a few heartbeats before the pain returned. I could feel my body already starting to collapse with exhaustion so I knew this was going to be a close one. I just prayed that it wouldn't last too long, but I knew for a fact that it would. Another screech escaped from my mouth, and this time I couldn't hold it back. My jaws clamped together, snapping the stick clean in two pieces. Closing my eyes for a brief second, I felt myself heave, breathes coming out heavy and rapid. My eyes fell on yet another pup, another son. He on the other hand was larger and he didn't seem quite as strong as his brother was. Picking him up I repeated the same procedure that I had with the first pup and quickly grabbed a damp piece of moss that I had brought with me, and feebly lapped at the water, waiting for the next pup to be born.
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:27 am

I pressed against Addy, uncertain of how I could help. My eyes focused on the first pup when he came, and a smile came immediatley. I was a father. He was our first son. His broher came soon after, only increasing my joy. But I took a moment to focus on Addy, wishing desperatley that I could do something to help her. But i knew all i could do was stay by her side. I pressed against her, overflowing my love for her and now my new love for our pups.
Back to top Go down
Adalia
The Six Councilman
Adalia

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 2:24 am

I felt fur press against my own, a moment of relief washed over me. To be completely honest, I had been completely oblivious up to this point of the fact that Aeter had come into the den. I however only had a few moments to cherish this, before the surging pain returned. My breathe sped right back up, and my body surged at the pain. But within a few minutes, a beautiful daughter lay in front of me. She was somewhere around the same size of her second brother. My eyes softened at the thought, she looked similar to me, but darker, and she had traces of grey from her father. She was beautiful, as her brothers were too. I bent down, and licked her fur the opposite way, mewling in protest just as her brothers had, but with that she squirmed towards my stomach looking for warmth and milk. The three of them were so small, so innocent... they were ours. Exhaustion was quickly overwhelming me, black dots starting to slowly enter my vision. Not only was I mentally, but physically exhausted too. My body had worked to it's point. But I knew, I still had lives that had yet to enter the world.

There was a few moments of silence, no screeches of pain left my mouth, and everything seemed quiet, if I hadn't experienced birth's before I would've thought it was it, but I knew it was only a fake. The tension in the air seemed to cease for a bit, but then the pain returned. My muscles screamed in protest, sleep tugging at my brain. With a final heave, and now laying beside me was a bundle of fur, way smaller then the rest. I had brought another daughter into the world, but she was at the brink of leaving it. Frantically I groomed her the opposite way, trying desperately to warm her. Unlike her siblings, she didn't mewl in protest, she didn't squirm in my grasp, she was still, she was quiet. Her chest rose up and down just barely, you had to be right next to her to feel it, and even then it was so faint. Almost as if she was at the edge of slipping out of consciousness for good.
"No... don't take her! Don't take my daughter! You're all just a bunch fox hearted no good wolves!" My voice started off faint, barely a whisper but then it rose, all exhaustion forgotten. Rage filled me. I blamed the ancestors for trying to take such an innocent life away before they even had a chance to live. I blamed myself, why? It's not exactly clear why... I just blamed myself for the fact that my daughter may leave me, before she got a chance to meet me. No she wasn't dead, but the thought of her leaving was what hurt the most.

It was at times like this that i hated desperately choosing the path of a shaman. I lost hope quickly... I knew at this point there wasn't much I could do, I knew she might not even last the night. The poor pup was beyond weak... she was sickly, and it hurt not only as a mother that she may die, it hurt as a shaman to know it is my duty to prevent this, but I can't. All frantic gestures were quickly whipped away though, as another wave of contractions rippled through my stomach. I quickly placed my smallest child beside the others, closest to my heart and waited to meet my newest child.
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:47 am

My happiness was cut short when our fourth pup came, so much smaller and weak than the others. I kept pressed against Addy as she tried to warm our tiniest daughter. Her words made my breath catch in my throat, and I was painfully reminded of my own sister, Ema, who had died soon after birth because she had been too small, too weak to survive. All I remembered of her was a faint scent. I shook the thought from my head. No. No! I thought fiercely. She won't die. She won't. I softly nuzzled Addy and spoke, my first words since entering the den. "Every child of our's is a fighter, she won't be beaten this easily." Were these the right words to comfort Addy? For the first time, I didn't know. But I did know that we wouldn't let our precious daughter leave without a fight - none of our precious children would leave us.
Back to top Go down
Adalia
The Six Councilman
Adalia

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 3:05 pm

I felt a faint feeling of comfort at Aeter's words, but it was comfort nonetheless and at this point anything would really do. 'Stay strong my little one...' I knew at this point though it was a matter of how fate played out to determine if this pup lived or not. I started looking around frantically for the two halves of the stick, picking up the larger of the two, I position it, or try to position it so that there is an equal portion on both sides. When the pain returns, I clench my mouth shut, teeth digging into the stick half, it easily splintered under my bite, leaving two small halves of the original half. I knew it at this point, this pup was the last one, a male and he was just the right size. Regarding his health, he was fine. A bit weaker then his first brother but apart from that, he was perfect. Just as I had done with the other pups, I groomed him the opposite way so he was warmed up. He mewled in protest, just like the most of his other siblings had. Placing him back alongside his 4 siblings I curl up around them, finally allowing exhaustion to overcome me.

The fourth born, my smallest child, my second daughter, I lay her closest to my heart, and I rested my head down on my paws. 'Three sons and two daughters... they'll be a hand full.' A warm, weak smile lay on my maw. 'Welcome to the world my loves.' With that thought, I allowed my eyes to flutter shut, not sleeping but instead just allowing a feeling of peace to wash over me. Time had passed, it was a long agonizing experience, but without a doubt I knew, I wouldn't replace it for the world.
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 3:57 pm

I licked Addy's ears softly and turned my gaze onto the five pups. Our pups, three sons and two daughters. "They're beautiful." I murmured lovingly. I changed position, curling around Addy now and lying my head by her's. "They aren't as beautiful as their mother, though." I add with a smile. I gaze at the five pups. Welcome, my precious children.
Back to top Go down
Adalia
The Six Councilman
Adalia

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:30 pm

From that second on that smile never left me. My cheeks flushed of their color, it seemed no matter how many times Aeter said something charming, it always seemed to fluster me. At this point I was used to it, but still. I tell you, if wolves could purr, that noise would probably cover up every sound at the current moment, but we can't purr, so instead we rested in a warm, comfortable silence. Underneath my breathe I manage out a few words, "They're perfect... they're ours..." Those words, they seemed so right together in the same sentence. Now there was only one task left at hand before I could finally rest satisfied, what would their names be? After a couple of moments I lift my head and whisper so I wouldn't arouse them, as they had finally managed to settle down, "Should we name them now?"
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:39 pm

I also raised my head and softly touched my nose to her's for a moment. I turned my head to look at the pups, now quiet. "Yes, let's." I answered, using a quiet voice so I wouldn't wake our precious offspring. I laid my gaze on the first pup, our firstborn son. I thought for a long moment, quiet. I pointed my nose at him and spoke. "How about Addison?" I suggested.
Back to top Go down
Adalia
The Six Councilman
Adalia

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:53 pm

'Welcome to the world my dear Addison.' I nod, showing my approval, I didn't think any words were really vital in response, my actions said it all. My eyes drifted over the pups, and they fell on my second born, the largest of our sons, "How about Raito for him?" I don't know the reasoning behind wanting to name him that, I just thought that it seemed to fit him. Why did I think that..? Well let's just say that it's my logic, flawless yet so flawed.
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 5:02 pm

I nodded. "Addison and Raito..." I murmured. It filled my with joy as we named our precious pups. I looked to the next pup, the first female. She was about the same size as Raito, larger than the other three. "Perhaps.... Melissa?" I suggested.
Back to top Go down
Adalia
The Six Councilman
Adalia

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 6:34 pm

Melissa... I repeated the name a few times over in my mind and it seemed to fit her just right. I tried putting other names on her but nothing else seemed to fit, it just seemed like Melissa was just right. Almost like it was made for her. Bringing my attention back to the pups, it fell on our smallest child, our other daughter. My eyes filled with sympathy as I saw the small pup shiver slightly, but not move. Leaning my head down I pick her up and move her closer to me, and closer to my front paws. I look up slightly for a few moments thinking for a few heartbeats before opening my mouth to speak, "Melissa, and how about Miku..?
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:16 pm

My eyes move and I look over our tiniest pup. Miku. In my mind, I attach the name to her. I worry so much for her, and I'm sure Addy felt the same. I knew she would need to be a fighter, and I had a feeling that her siblings would always be a bit ahead. But I felt so much love for her already, and I refused to write her off. She would not die. She would live.
"Yes." I nodded. "Miku." I echoed, gazing lovingly at our youngest daughter.
I now turned my gaze to the last pup, a male. He was of average size, and not quite as healthy as our first son. But he wasn't sickly like little Miku. I considered for a moment. "Let's call him Ciel. I said decisively.
Back to top Go down
Adalia
The Six Councilman
Adalia

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:41 pm

"Ciel..." I let the name bounce around in my thoughts for  bit. My eyes drifted over to the last pup to enter our world, and I put the name to him, it seemed to fit just fine, "It fits him..." My words come out as a whisper. "Addison, Raito, Melissa, Miku and Ciel... they're perfect." The smile on my face only got bigger, faltering a bit as it landed on Miku, she was so small, so frail laying beside her brothers and sister. This all reminded me of my little sister Ahawi. 'You will survive my little angel, I'll make sure you do even if it puts me under and ends it all.' I wasn't as concerned about the rest of the pups, I had enough knowledge to know that they should be fine, but I had to be prepared for anything, anything could happen in time. Pleased with the names, I lay my head on my paws, curled around the litter of 5. And quite frankly, this was one of the best feelings that I'd ever felt.
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:49 pm

I smiled and licked Addy's ears. "They're perfect, and they're ours. I couldn't be more happy than I already am. I pressed against Addy, lying next to her and our puppies. I didn't really mind now if I missed out on some of my duties. Whatever time it was, I didn't mind - this is where I was supposed to be. Next to my precious Adalia and our equally precious children. I just wanted to live in this moment. I was a father. I whispered to Addy. "You're going to be a wonderful mother, my love.
Back to top Go down
Adalia
The Six Councilman
Adalia

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:04 pm

I smile widely and whisper, in a tone that was just barely audible, "And I'm positive that you'll be the best father, better then anyone could, and better then any that there's been." I allowed my eyes to flutter shut, the pups at my stomach and my mate curled beside me. How did I ever get so lucky? That thought often crossed my mind whenever I was with Aeter. How in the world, did I get lucky enough to meet him, and the two of us end up where we are now. "Welcome to the world my dearests. Welcome home..." I knew the pups couldn't hear me, but it was the meaning behind the words themselves that counted, not the actual ability to hear them. My words were faint, and with that, I let my mind go to rest.
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:54 pm

I smiled, lying still for awhile. It seemed like forever, but it was probably only about five minutes. I concluded that Addy was soundly asleep. The pups were snuffling and sometimes softly squeaking, but they were calm. I slowly rose, careful to not wake Adalia. I stood for a moment, smiling warmly at the image. She was curled around the pups, and it was such a beautiful image. I silently committed it to memory. I slid out of the den, deciding I would catch Addy some prey. I assumed she would be hungry soon enough. I set off, following a fresh scent of rabbit nearby. I wasn't too worried about finding prey - the Golden Gate was plentiful. Blue skies, green grass, plentiful prey - the Golden Gate was a beautiful place for us to raise our children. But I knew we had to be careful. Growing up here was without hardships, but life had hardships. And they needed to know that. Golden Gate wolves were often called soft. Stop it. I scolded myself. Such an amazing day for Addy and I, and I'm worrying about just silly things. I smile and pad along, after the rabbit.
Back to top Go down
Adalia
The Six Councilman
Adalia

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:00 pm

( Best be sure 'ol Psycho ain't tailing that rabbit AHHHHH =P )

I couldn't sleep in complete peace, it's safe to say. Not 10 minutes after I had fallen asleep I stirred awake, I took a few moments to look around momentarily dazed but I quickly came to my senses. Eyes narrowed, and ears erect, I stared outside the den, almost as if daring something to come in, trying to harm my children. But thankfully, and somewhat quite obviously, nothing came in or even walked by. Sighing in content, I licked each of the pups on the top of their head, before laying my head back down on my paws. I could feel the small pups squirming around every now and again but eventually they all did the same thing, lay down, falling asleep with a feeble squeak. Everything was perfect, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. 'Things won't always be like this though... No come on Ada, not now. Now isn't the time for thoughts like that.' Deep inside I knew that was the truth, now wasn't the time to worry about things like that. Shoving off the thoughts, I allowed sleep to overcome me once more, at least for a short amount of time anyway. I knew I would be waking up soon again, just naturally to check on the pups once again.
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 10:49 pm

(Don't ya worry, Joe, I be still havin' some cum-un sense.)

It didn't take too long for me to find the rabbit and kill it. It was good-sized for a rabbit, to be expected of the Golden Gate. I picked it up, considering for a moment if I should catch something more. But I concluded that it should be alright, at least for now. I could always go back out and catch something else. I began trekking back to where Addy was curled in the den, around our precious offspring. Addison, Raito, Melissa, Miku and Ciel. Our family. I loved the words in my head.
"Addison, Raito, Melissa, Miku and Ciel. Our pups, our family." I murmured under my breath. I loved them even more out loud. Our family of seven. Five pups - I had a feeling there were going to be a serious handful. My thoughts drifted to little Miku - for her, I still feared. But I knew she could - no, WOULD - prevail against the forces of nature. She would be strong.
I was beginning to draw closer to the den, and the only wolf scent on the air was my own. Addy was safely curled up in the den. I headed towards the entrance of the den, carrying my prey.
Back to top Go down
Nyla
Head Seiko
Nyla

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:05 am

I walked through Golden Gate, it was my first time back here in a while. It seemed like now I was just so wound up with business that I never had much time for peace, and to actually come here and check up on everything, or just come here for walk. Everything was so quiet, it was almost to my disliking. But despite that, I wasn't here for peace by myself or anything of that such. No I wasn't. One of my most trusted had been expecting pups, so I was checking in on her. 'They're due anytime soon, I wonder how she'll be handling everything...' As I continued on walking Adalia's scent met my nose, it wasn't close nor was it far, but alongside her scent, there were five others. It was faint, so maybe they were just some old ones. But then again, I was getting older, I knew n old scent from a new one. 'Perhaps they're already here... meh, no use in guessing. I promised her I'd check in at one point as the time got closer... here I am, might as well go all the way through with it.' With a shrug, I continued on my journey, making my way towards the clearing where I thought her den would be.
Back to top Go down
https://pack-of-time.forumotion.com
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:12 am

I paused for a moment outside the den. The wind changed direction for a moment, carrying a scent to me. Nyla. She didn't come here too often, but she must be here to come see Addy. I slipped into the den, sitting beside the sleeping form of Adalia and dropping my prey. I nudged her softly. I didn't really want to disturb her, but it was best if she was awake when Nyla got here. "Addy, Addy, wake up. I brought you some food, and Nyla's coming."
Back to top Go down
Adalia
The Six Councilman
Adalia

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 2:43 am

(I can't sleep...so I shall post... shhh no one knows about this post and that I'm on my iPod while I should be asleep alright guys xD)

My head snapped right up as I felt something touch me, I wasn't aware of the fact that it was Aeter at the moment, my instincts just sort of took over. My tail immediately curled around the sleeping figures of my pups and my ears drew back, eyes hard. But it only took me a moment to relax as I realized that it was in fact him. My eyes softened, and my guard dropped, knowing the father of the pups obviously wasn't going to pose a threat to them. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I heard the word 'food' leave his mouth, and it seemed my stomach let out a tiny growl to agree with that.
'I guess I've been so tired.. the thought of food hasn't once entered my mind...' I let a low chuckle escape my mouth, "Guess I can't argue and say I'm not hungry.. thank you love." My eyes glowed faintly with amusement but was quickly replaced by a tired eyed appearance once again, my jaws stretching open in a yawn, but I pushed it all away and tried to blink the sleep away.
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 4:44 pm

I smiled and licked her ears lovingly. I nudged the rabbit towards her. "You're very welcome. I answered. I paused, then added in a teasing tone, "And you're so fierce! I'm very frightened." I pretended to be scared of her and then laughed. "By the way, Nyla's coming. She'll probably want to see the pups."
Back to top Go down
Adalia
The Six Councilman
Adalia

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:33 am

"Oh shut it, you know I'm terrifying." My eyes glowed, my voice quite obviously teasing. When my eyes fell on the rabbit, my stomach only started to growl again, and my ears jumped right up. 'Oh shut it stomach I know you're empty, complaining won't make it better!' I took a bite into the rabbit, my teeth sinking into it. The taste of it caused me to just want to eat it all in one big bite... but that wouldn't be very lady-like now would it? Ah forget it we all know that's not the reason I have to resist the urge. I just want myself to remember, I'm not a piggy. Oh if only the world knew what went on in my mind... they'd be scared. In a matter of a few minutes the rabbit was nothing more then bones, however there was a bit of meat left over. "She picks the best times doesn't she... but I suppose I did ask her if she could come by sometime... well, timing its official, you're a pain."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Start of a New Life (Open to all)   The Start of a New Life (Open to all) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Start of a New Life (Open to all)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next