Journey Like Never Before
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey Like Never Before

Prepare for a journey like none other before.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Legend of The Paradox

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

Legend of The Paradox Empty
PostSubject: Legend of The Paradox   Legend of The Paradox Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:31 pm

((This is my story/legend based off information about the different Paradoxes and our travel. If anything here is incorrect or something needs to be added so it is right, let me know. I don't bite.))

LEGEND OF THE PARADOX
-A Time Paradox Pack Tale

From a young age, pups in our pack are told the tales of the Time Paradox. They love the tales, but for the first year of life, they are only stories. It is when they are yearlings, they gain their amulet. It is a symbolic time for the yearlings. This is when they begin their training. Their amulet quickly becomes a part of them, whether a necklace, anklet, bracelet or anything else. The symbol is chosen by them: It means something to them, but most yearlings do not share the meaning. It is a personal thing. Now that they have their amulets, their journey begins. A journey like never before...

Look to the stars. This is the Night of The Dancing Colors. The sky illuminates the stars, and shows you a story. Many stories, the stories of those long gone, of those fallen. Of those good and evil. Some of the boldest members, their amulet's are forever burned into the sky. There, look. Those stars, they form a necklace. The necklace's charm has a four pronged design. That amulet has a story. All of the stars have a story. There, that is the Tower of Time. That is how it appeared when the pack first came here. It was collapsing, but together the pack gave enough power to freeze it in time. And then we learned the secrets of the amulets.
Your amulet is not a fashion accessory. It is a tradition, giving us power. These amulets set us apart from normal wolves. You have earned your amulet when at the anniversary of your first year. The image on it means something to you. But it gives us a power. When we banded together to save the Tower of Time, we were granted this power. It has been passed down from generation to generation. We alone have the power to open the Time Gaps. This is why we live in three Paradoxes.

The Paradoxes are three places, suspended in time. No normal wolf with find them. In between them all is the Land Between Time. The Land Between Time houses the Tower of Time, which radiates the power of the amulets. It gives us the power to open the Time Gaps. Your amulets come in now. The symbol on your amulet is infused with the power of Time. There are many ways to open a Time Gap. The first way is easy: I am sure you are quite familiar with your amulet's image. Draw it. It can be done nearly anywhere, as Time insures that. In the dirt, in the bark of a tree, even in water or in air. Some wolves prefer to press their amulet to the image for maximum power. It is not necessary: Some amulets have the power to merely meet the image without touching. The power infused in the amulet reacts to the Time in the air, thus opening a Time Gap.

Stepping through a Time Gap is referred to as Time Jumping. Novices keep their eyes closed, as it can cause nausea and dizziness. But it is an incredible feeling. Being everywhere and nowhere at the same time. It feels as if wolves brush around you, the spirits of millions of wolves from the Paradox. It can frighten some: But most find it amazing.

You may marvel at our knowledge. But the knowledge is not something granted to us by Time. it is through experience. Here, these are the stories of the earliest wolves of the Paradox.

THE ORIGINALS
-The First Sight of The Tower of Time

I walked next to Anik. The pack walked behind us. We had been wandering for awhile now. We couldn't seem to find a place to settle. Some wolves favored a calm place; Others, lived for danger, and some wanted an in-between. Anik and I couldn't please them all.
The day had been normal. We were walking, and we came across an odd place. I raised my eyebrows.
"Anik...does this place have a weird aura about it, or is it just me?" I ask him.
Anik shook his head. "No, Cherokee, I feel it too." His amulet clinked around his neck.
Then we both stopped dead. In front of us was a tower. No one spoke. We stared at it. It was run down, old, and collapsing as we watched.
We had the knowledge of the Time Gaps, but most places did not manifest enough power to even open a Time Gap. Here, this tower, it radiated power. This is what we were looking for. But if the tower collapsed, the manifested power would vanish. And we would be stuck looking again.
Anik quickly gathered the pack. We held a meeting. Anik explained the situation.
"This tower obviously manifests lots of power. Enough for us all to open Time Gaps. But it is collapsing: If we don't save it, the power will vanish and we can never return to the Paradoxes, unless we find another power source."
I interrupted. "We must vote. All who say we save the tower, stand on the left. If no, stand on the right.""
Simultaneously, the whole pack moved to the left.
"Alright! We're going to save the tower!" Anik exclaimed.

We all approached the tower. We formed a semi-circle around it. It was still collapsing, but we were intent to save it. Every wolf, young and old, drew their amulet symbol in the dirt. And the amulets started to glow. Many closed their eyes, concentrating. The falling stones began to slow their ascent.
"Concentrate!" I shouted. "We can do it!"
The amulets kept glowing, the collapse slowing. We were so close to stopping time for the tower. But the concentration was not enough. An amulet's full power was needed: A sacrifice. I could tell Anik thought of this. He stepped forward, and I ran over.
"Anik, no! Your the Head Seiko. You can't."
Anik shook his head. "I have to. For them." His swished his tail, indicating the pack.
I stared at him. "Then I'm coming with you."
Anik forcibly shook his head. "Cherokee..."
I nodded. "I want to."
Anik was silent, then gave a nod.
Together, as friends, we stepped forward. Our amulets glowed more forcibly. The glow grew bigger and brighter, until it encased our bodies. I closed my eyes.

A young she-wolf opened her eyes. She saw the glow around Cherokee and Anik.
"Oh no..." she murmured. She closed her eyes again. A minute or so later the whole pack looked. The Tower was frozen. But Anik and Cherokee...they weren't standing. They were lying down, noses touching. The pack rushed forward. One shaman looked up.
"They're dead."
The pack erupted into sad wailing. The she-wolf jumped onto a rock.
"Quiet!!" she howled.
The pack looked up at her.
"It is sad that Anik and Cherokee left us. But it was necessary. Otherwise, the tower would have collapsed and we would not be able to return to our Paradoxes. But now...we have the Tower of Time. We can return to where we truly belong!"
The pack murmured in agreement.
And so began the Time Paradox Pack.

MORE TO FOLLOW!
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: Legend of The Paradox   Legend of The Paradox Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:01 pm

LEGEND OF THE PARADOX
-A Time Paradox Tale

The stories continue after the time stop at the Tower of Time. This is the story of one of the first new amulets.

THE NEW AMULET
-The True Power of Time

I'm Khalid: I was born here, in the Symphony Paradox. My parents, they were part of the original pack that stopped the collapse of the Tower of Time, so we can roam the paradoxes again. I'm proud of them: They helped form our future. I am the oldest of the pups, and the first one to born in our home after the Tower of Time. But I've heard the adults whispering: The amulet ceremonies are intricate, something no wolf alive ever did. Anik and Cherokee did that: They're gone now. They worry about my ceremony, which is tomorrow. I'm not sure what's going to happen. Well, we'll see.

It's the next night, and I go to the clearing where the ceremony is supposed to be. I pause at the edge. There is a group of the oldest wolves talking together. I catch their voices.
"No one knows the ceremony."
"What can we do?""
"Well, the pup has to wait!"
"We can't do that to him! He's been so excited."
"I don't know..."
I quickly turned and bounded away. I sat by the edge of a lake, my head bent over it. I stared at the reflection of the stars. Would I never get my amulet? Would I never get the power to open the Time Gaps? Did the secret die with Anik and Cherokee? A tear dripped from eye, down my muzzle and plopped into the water.
I tried brush off my thoughts. I've been thinking about my amulet symbol. I want the Ying Yang symbol. I drift off, tracing it in the dirt. I barely noticed the soft glow of the drawing. But I start as the water shifts and a starry figure appears.
The figure is wolf, but speaks no words. His paws conjure the water up, into a necklace, glowing like it's made of starlight. The pedant hanging off it is the Ying Yang. The figure steps forward, and seems to speak, but it's in my head. The ceremony. He praises me, for finding my amulet alone. He puts it around my neck, and it feels as if I've found a long lost friend.
"Who are you?" I ask, my voice soft.
"Anik. The first great Seiko, who died so you could live. I bid you well, Khalid."
That night, I slept by the lake. The next day, I returned to my pack, amulet and all, with my great destiny before me.
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: Legend of The Paradox   Legend of The Paradox Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:48 pm

THE THREE PARADOXES
-Tale of the Three

I am North. Yes, I'm an old wolf. I lived with the original pack. I'm one of the only ones left, now. Quiet, you young pups. Do you want to hear a tale of the paradoxes or not? Fine, sit down, and shush. Listen. This tale is old, from long beyond your years.

Long ago, before even the Time Paradox Pack discovered the original amulets, there were three starry wolves. They were the original Seikos. One's name was Dark; His fur was black, his eyes yellow. He lived for danger, loving to fight . Then there was Light; Light was a beautiful white she-wolf with blue eyes. She was calm and quiet, friendly and caring. She liked everything to be peaceful. The third, the Head Seiko, was named Neut. His fur was a light gray, dark gray mix, his eyes green. He was what he liked to call the balance between Light and Dark: He was calm, but could deal with danger. Each wolf wanted to find a place suited to them. They were the original three Time Jumpers.

Dark's amulet was a bracelet, around his neck. It was black, with the image of fangs and claws. Light's amulet was like a tiara; Pure white, with a sapphire in the middle, painted to look like the ocean. Neut's amulet was a necklace. The string was a light metal, and the image on the pendant was a clover. It was silver; the string was gray. They could only jump to the Land Between Time, and it never suited them. They argued about making a Paradox; Dark wanted a dangerous one, Light wanted a calm one, and Neut tried to calm them. Long before the original pack came to the Land Between Time, the three starry wolves presented them with the secret of the amulets.

Shush, that is another story, youngster. This story is about Light, Dark, and Neut. I'll tell you that another time.

Anyways, the arguments went on and one. Finally, Neut shouted,
"We all have different wants! All wolves do! We all have enough power! Why don't we all create a new Paradox for the pack?"
Dark and Light agreed, and the three set off to make their Paradoxes.
It is not easy doing, however. They opened a Time Gap, but instead of crossing through, stopped in the middle, in the Void. Dark went first.
His amulet glowed with power, a seemingly dark power. and he closed his eyes, and after awhile it slowly stopped glowing. The three wolves stepped through, into the new Paradox.
"This is Valkin!" Dark declared. "Danger looms around every corner. For the wolves who like to fight, and love to take risks.""
Next it was Light's turn. They opened another Time Gap, stopping in the middle. Light's amulet glowed, like Dark's but with a more pure power. When it stopped, they stepped through to Light's Paradox.
"This is the Golden Gate." She calmly informed her friends. "Here wolves shall be safe, life will be calm, and all will be peaceful."
Neut had not wanted to create a Paradox.
"I have no want." he told his companions.
"Neut, not all wolves like the danger!" Light replied.
"Then they'll go to your Paradox." Dark retorted. "Not that all wolves like peace either."
"See!" Light pointed out. "Some wolves don't favor either. Please, Neut, you have always been the neutral one, in between. Make a Paradox for them."
Neut agreed. The three stood in the Time Gap, and Neut's necklace glowed. They stepped through.
"This is Symphony." Neut said. "For those who live in between.""

That's how the three Paradoxes came to be. Now, go play pups. Leave this elder to sun in peace.
Back to top Go down
Aeter
The Six Councilman
Aeter

PostSubject: Re: Legend of The Paradox   Legend of The Paradox Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:38 pm

WAR IN THE PARADOXES
-The Untold Legend

Shhh, quiet. Don't let the pups hear you. Now, this legend is rarely told to pups. But most know of its existence. It is a story of ambition, of darkness, of death, and of enlightenment. Let me explain when this was: This was before our original pack, before the Tower of Time. The Paradoxes from then are rarely spoken of, but legend has it they were more amazing and perfect then the ones of today. But there were wolves of ambition, skulking in the shadows. And they decided the leaders of the Paradoxes were unfit for leading. And they rebelled.
It was an awful, bloody time. Brother turning on brother, Paradox on Paradox, friends turning on friends. There was no one you could trust. Mothers watched their children fight to the death, leaders watching their packs annihilated, and all the time, the starry ancestors watched, horrified that their kin was doing this to themselves.
The final battle was awful, and stained the paws of all, and the dead littered all the Paradoxes. The handful of survivors slept where they fought, and awoke to a gathering of starry wolves. The one in the head was the leader, and angrily looked down at them. Some of the survivors were the ambitious rebels, others innocents fighting for their lives. The wolves stared at the ancestors.
One bedraggled she-wolf spoke. "Are you here to kill us?"
"Or grant us enlightenment!" shouted another.
The starry wolves shook their heads. The one in the lead stepped forward. "We are here for enlightenment, yes, but not in the way you wish."
The wolf to his left spoke next. "You have proved yourselves unworthy of walking this grass, of wearing those amulets!"
The wolves all self-consciously looked at their amulets. The next wolf to speak was on the first's right. "You are no longer Time Travelers!" She waved a paw, and the amulets shimmered, and disolved into the air. The wolves's eyes were wide.
The first spoke once more. "You have disgraced yourselves!"
"Fighting your own packmates!"
"Slaughtering your own kin!"
"Watching as those closest to you murdered each other."
The first's eyes glowed. "You will never again walk here, as the high and mighty Time Jumpers!"
The second's voice boomed. "This place is no longer your's!"
The third was softer. "But someday, you may be redeemed."
The wolves were confused. "How so?"
"Not you, you all will never Time Jump again."
"But your kin are a different story!" commented the second.
"Your blood carries the essence of Time in it."
"Far along your bloodlines, your kin will redeem themselves."
"They will earn the right to wear the amulets once more."
The voice was now loud and echoey. "We prophesy, how so, the wolves will be redeemed, on the summer day on which it snows, the unknown will rise to known, the lowest will rise to the highest, they will meet their highest hour and learn who they really are!"
At that, the starry wolves vanished, leaving the disoriented survivors to separate, waiting for the day they may be redeemed.

DAY OF REDEMPTION
-The Truth Behind the Prophecy

They prophesied, how so, the wolves will be redeemed, on the summer day on which it snows, the unknown will rise to known, the lowest will rise to the highest, they will meet their highest hour and learn who they really are!

These were the last words of Sili, my great grandfather. I am Seiko. This is my pack: Mimiteh, my best friend, Kyoutou, another close friend, Jikuu and Ryokou, brother and sister, the fastest and the adventurers. Karavadoni, a fighter, Gazer, who looks to the stars, Avci, a hunter, and Shama, a healer. They are my pack: We are wolves of a prophecy, The Redemption Prophecy. We were born in a blood-line of Time sensitive wolves, though we didn't know for a long time. This is our story, how we redeemed the wolves of long ago, how we influenced the pack of today, and how we earned the right to once more wear our amulets.

The day was warm, the spring turning into summer. My friends and I were young, only about two years old. We were living near the bottom of pack hierarchy: We were nothing out of the ordinary. The leaders snapped at us when they could, did as they liked. It didn't bother us so much: What bothered us is no wolf spoke of our bloodlines, of where we came from. We were unknowns. The first day, the warm day, I had a dream the night before. it confused me: it was mixed up, there were other wolves, wearing odd trinkets in a battle-torn place. And the starry wolves, they were angry, but had an ominous thing about them. I was reminded of the last words of my grandfather. Wolves redeemed on a summer day where it snows, the highest hour, and someone learning who they really were. It was a myth though, or so we were told. It was oddly hot that day for a late spring day, and the pack took off early to hunt. I talked to Mimiteh while we went.
"Mimiteh, I had a dream last night."
"Oh really?" He said, uninterested.
"It had that omen in it." I replied.
Kyoutou, who had been behind us, widened her stride to come up on my left. "Don't let anyone here you say that."
"Like they'll care." Mimiteh scoffed.
Kyoutou was very serious. "Avci and Ryokou were talking about it and Doorna snapped at them, domination, whole nine yards."
Mimiteh was unimpressed. "Doorna, that lowly excuse for an alpha, does that a lot."
"He was really disturbed by it." That was Gazer. She had run up behind us.
It was Karavadoni who gave us a shove. "Concentrate, you guys. Doorna will be bad if you don't."
At that point, we stopped talking and took lead to Doorna. Doorna was indicating a weakened bull. It was not hard to kill it, but my friends and I hung back, waiting for Doorna to indicate we could eat. Jikuu was annoyed.
"I hate having to wait!" she grumbled.
Her brother Ryokou nudged her. "I know, Jikuu, but that's life." Jikuu huffed but didn't reply.
Avci spoke up. "If you wanna eat, now's the time you guys."
We padded forward, not looking to Doorna. Shama had eaten, but hung back. Shama had eaten before as she was the pack's only healer: Treated like us, but a healer nonetheless. Our little group was like a pack: We all had our strong points. Me, Mimiteh and Kyoutou were considered more like leaders. But we all ate together. But afterwards the pack relaxed, and our group sat down. I spoke.
"I had a dream about the omen last night."
Gazer studied my eyes. "You think it means something." I nodded.
"It's just words." Karavadoni grunted.
Jikuu and Ryokou looked convinced. "It could." Jikuu said calmly.
Shama and Gazer exchanged a look. Shama spoke slowly. "We're unknowns, we're lowest. We don't know who we are."
Mimiteh scoffed. "Why would we be a part of a prophecy? We're not that important."
"No, you aren't. You're lowly wolves who do as they're told." growled a voice. Startled, we all jumped to our feet, meeting Doorna's eyes. Kyoutou, on my left side, cringed. Doorna had been listening. Mimiteh stood to my right. I leveled my eyes at Doorna for a moment. Doorna narrowed his eyes and swung his head away, stalking back to his mate.
"That went well." I said out loud.

It was that afternoon. We were asleep, relaxing. Jikuu had been awake, though, and rushed into the copse where we slept.
"WAKE UP!" she shouted. The pack jumped up. "IT'S SNOWING!" she shrieked, eyes wide.
Doorna strode forward, grabbing her muzzle and throwing her down. "Impossible." he growled.
Ryokou had stood to defend his sister. He peered out from the trees. "Great Lupus, she isn't kidding." he breathed.
The entire pack rushed to their feet and out into the clearing. Snow caked the ground and slowly fell.
We all stared at each other. My mouth formed the words.
"On the summer day on which it snows…."
Doorna was on me in an instant, but my friends were at my side. He looked over them and backed off. I gave an acknowledging nod to Mimiteh at my left, and the rest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend of The Paradox   Legend of The Paradox Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legend of The Paradox
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Journey Like Never Before :: MultiMedia :: Writings-
Jump to: